PLNTSchallenge Anthurium Seeds
During PLNTS Week, we included free Anthurium seeds with every order above €29,95 placed on April 2nd. These little seeds also give you access to our #PLNTSchallenge.
Join us and our community in taking up the #PLNTSchallenge!
This challenge is all about growth, that’s why we included a cute plant ruler with every package. The PLNTSlover with the most beautifully grown* Anthurium Silver Blush has a chance to win €500,- PLNTS shopping credit! Read the following rules on how to participate carefully.
- Important note: we want to make this challenge as fair as possible and as plants can differ in shape and size, we decided that it’s not only about length, but also about other grow aspects, so with ‘most beautifully grown’ we mean the most beautiful, full, and/or biggest Anthurium. On the final date we will choose 2 of the best options and give our community the final vote about the winner.
How to participate & rules
Participating is super easy. All you have to do is pot your Anthurium seeds and give them a lot of love, attention and care so she will grow into a beautiful plant.
We love to be kept up-to-date on your plants’ growth via stories or posts, but make sure to post a picture of the final growth result on your Instagram before October 2nd. You must include a picture of the plant with a ruler or measuring tape and should measure from soil to top. To make this challenge as fair as possible, only PLNTSlovers who received Anthurium seeds during PLNTS Week can join this challenge. We will check this with the order numbers.
Step-by-step guide: potting and growing Anthurium seeds
The Anthurium is a tropical plant with stunning, heart-shaped leaves. Although anthuriums can be propagated through cuttings or division, growing them from seeds is way more fun and rewarding! Ready to take on the challenge? Follow these easy step-by-step guide and watch your Anthurium grow!
- Anthurium seeds
- Small pots or seedling trays
- Cutting soil or your favourite potting soil (mix)
- Clear plastic wrap or a clear plastic bag or our Hagrid grow pot
- Spray bottle
- Fill your small pots or seedling trays with your favourite potting soil (mix). We suggest a mix of sphagnum moss, perlite and vermiculite as Anthuriums prefer a well-draining soil.
- Moisten the soil with a spray bottle of water. Avoid making the soil too wet, as this can cause the seeds to rot!
- Place your seeds on top of the soil in each pot. Do not bury the seeds, as they need light to sprout.
- Cover the pots with clear plastic wrap or bags to create a mini greenhouse effect! You can also use our Hagrid grow pot.
- Place the pots in a warm, bright location but out of direct sunlight. Temperatures around 20-25 degrees Celsius are best to let your seeds sprout.
- Check the seedlings every day to ensure that the soil remains a bit moist and use a spray bottle to mist the soil if it feels dry.
- The seeds should begin to sprout within 1-3 months. Once the seedlings have emerged, remove the plastic and move the pots to a brighter location.
- Continue to water the seedlings regularly, but avoid over-watering, which can cause root rot. Allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
With the proper care, your Anthuriums will grow into beautiful mature plants! Be patient and enjoy watching them grow!
Help your Anthurium thrive!
PLNTS instantly make Renée happy as she's always on the hunt for cool plant trends. Inspiring our community with interior tips, surprising DIY's and fun lists is what she does best!
Free shipping from €75,-
We ship our plants all over Europe!
30 day health guarantee
For all our happy plants. Read more about our guarantees.
- Delivery throughout Europe
- Free shipping for orders over €75,-
- 30 day PLNTS health guarantee