A big trend and it is impossible to imagine interiors without it. Large houseplants are real eye-catchers and give your interior a boost. Turn your room into a green jungle! Combine the large plants with smaller variants and try out various accessories such as hanging baskets and plant tables. You can also use our fine care products to look after your large plant.
- Large houseplants
- Large houseplants-Characteristics - Easy
- Large houseplants-Characteristics - Air purifying
- Large houseplants-Characteristics - Pet friendly
- Large houseplants-Location - Sun
- Large houseplants-Location - Partial sun
- Large houseplants-Location - (Half) shade
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Alocasia
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Aglaonema
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Areca
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Beaucarnea
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Calathea
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Caryota
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Cedrus libani
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Cocos
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Ficus
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Musa
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Monstera
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Pachira
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Philodendron
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Scindapsus
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Spathiphyllum
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Strelitzia
- Large houseplants-Plantfamily - Yucca
- Large houseplants-Room - Bathroom
- Large houseplants-Room - Bedroom
- Large houseplants-Room - Kitchen
- Large houseplants-Room - Livingroom
- Large houseplants-Room - Office
- Delivery throughout Europe
- Free shipping for orders over £130,-
- 30 day PLNTS health guarantee
Large houseplants for the living room
Large houseplants come in many shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common. A large plant provides a green explosion of atmosphere in your living room! They attract attention immediately and make everyone smile. Would you like to have such a stately lady in your home? Then there are a few things you should keep in mind! First, of course, the ceiling height. Even though the beauty you choose is not high yet, she will grow a lot. So a nice pot with a plant has to fit in your (living) room. In addition, even with large plants, you have to take into account light and location. Fortunately, there is a suitable plant for every location!
Large house plants for a bright spot
In some places in your home, the sun likes to shine. Wonderful! But not every green plant can withstand the sun's rays. Fortunately, there are plenty of plants that do love the sun and are therefore ideal for brightening up that sunny spot in the house! Often, plants with large, thick and/or unusual leaves are good candidates for the sunny spot. How about a Sansevieria Laurentie or a Zamioculcas Zamiifolia? These are perfect plants which require relatively little attention and do love the sun!
Large houseplants for a semi-shaded location
A north-facing window or a corner where there is half sun and half shade during the day? This is the perfect place for a large half-shadowed plant. A semi shade plant needs less sun than sun plants, but they do like a few rays of sunshine. They look their best when they are in the sun for around 3 to 4 hours a day. A real eye-catcher is the Philodendron Malay Gold. It is an easy type that makes a real statement with its brightly coloured leaves. Place it in a semi-shaded spot and this rare tropical lady will make your room shine.
Large houseplants for a shady spot
Not much sunlight in your living room, kitchen or (home) office? Then a large houseplant that needs little sunlight is the saviour for that one empty spot in your house! Every houseplant needs light to live and grow, but there are some indoor plants that really appreciate a bit of shade! The Dieffenbachia Reflector is such a lady. It comes from the tropics and is known for the beautiful markings on its leaves. The best place for it is where it can catch the last rays of sunlight of the day in order to grow further.
The cutest large houseplants
Large houseplants make a statement in your living room and are not only decorative but also super functional! They improve the air quality in your home and provide a fine humidity. Looking for a real eye-catcher for your (living) room? We have listed our top three houseplants and all their qualities for you.
Monstera Deliciosa Variegated
The Monstera is a very popular houseplant with many people. This hole plant comes in many different shapes and sizes, including the Deliciosa Variegated. This lady is very special! Variegated means multi-coloured and because these variegated leaves rarely occur in nature, she is very special. She is a little 'high maintenance' and requires a little more attention. Because the Monstera Deliciosa Variegated has variegated leaves, it gives a little less energy. But with the right care and love, she will do just fine! Put it in a light place, not in direct sunlight. Do not water her more than once a week and let the soil dry out well. This beauty can also appreciate a shower with the plant spray every now and then!
Philodendron Jose Buono
Philodendron Jose Buono is a special one among the Philodendron family. It stands out because of its leaves that have white spots and patterns. It likes a little attention. If you notice that its soil is getting dry, give it some water. It likes to be alone, as it is poisonous to pets and children. This colourful star is a real climber, so she will be a rising star in no time! Give her a hand with a beautiful plant guide.
Alocasia Black Zebrina
This beauty owes its name to its unusual, sturdy black stems. This makes this unique plant even more unique! The dark stems make it a real eye-catcher that immediately catches the eye. The Alocasia Black Zebrina is not a big fan of bright sunlight. Put her in a place with some indirect light. It is a real half-shadow plant! It does not like dry soil, but be careful not to give it too much water. It is best to give it a little water several times. This prevents the roots from rotting.