Epiphytes potting mix kit
- 250,000+ PLNTScommunity followers
- 100% recyclable packaging materials
- Choose your own delivery day
Do you consciously think about the substrate on which your plant stands? This is actually a very important subject for the ultimate growth of your plant. That is why we would like to help you make the right choices for your beloved green friend(s).
Obviously, we understand that you like to test what is best for your plants. That is why we like to offer sets that contain the right substrates, but where you can really have the botanic experience yourself. We want to see those green fingers in action! Mix the perfect mix for your plants!
Epiphytes mix kit:
our Epiphytes mix kit consists of 4 different substrates. These substrates are carefully selected. Good to know is that we already have a good basic potting soil mix and based on that we have chosen the additives. Which in our opinion are perfect for Epiphytes (include many common houseplants like the Anthurium, Orchid, Tillandsia and some Hoyas)! We have chosen the following substrates:
1. Tree bark: the material helps to maintain the humidity of the potting soil, but most of all it provides an airy structure. By adding bark to your potting soil, the plant has something to grab onto, which allows a lot of air into the soil and, over time, is digested by soil organisms, which in turn provide useful nutrients.
2. Perlite: ensures that the roots of your plant develop better and that the plant grows nicer and better. Perlite in your potting soil also ensures that the oxygen supply to the roots is stimulated and the grains add a drainage layer. This prevents your beauty's feet from getting too wet and thus prevents root rot.
3. Sphagnum moss: improves the structure of potting soil and can hold up to 20 times its own weight in water! This ensures that the potting soil always remains moist. The more sphagnum moss you have in your mix, the better and longer it will retain moisture.
4. Charcoal: acts as a kind of moisture regulator in the soil. It also collects water-soluble nutrients that are very useful for plants. Furthermore, it helps hold the loose soil, improves its porosity and permeability and even absorbs toxins to protect the soil and roots from bacteria and fungi. Repelling some insects is its other superpower.
Do you wish your Epiphytes the absolute best? Then this mix kit is a real must!
One last tip: If you don't like dirty fingers, we also have a handy potting soil shovel in our shop.