The Philodendron is one of the most popular species in our webshop and also a species known to most people. The Philodendron is this popular because they are very air-purifying and not difficult to care for. In short, she is the ideal plant for everyone and every home!
- gift ideas
- gift ideas - Characteristics - Easy
- gift ideas - Characteristics - Air purifying
- gift ideas - Characteristics - Pet friendly
- gift ideas - Characteristics - Hanging plant
- gift ideas - Location - Sun
- gift ideas - Location - (Half) shade
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Caladium
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Ctenanthe
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Calathea
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Ficus
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Monstera
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Pilea
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Peperomia
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Philodendron
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Strelitzia
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Sansevieria
- gift ideas - Plantfamily - Zamioculcas
- gift ideas - Room - Bathroom
- gift ideas - Room - Bedroom
- gift ideas - Room - Kitchen
- gift ideas - Room - Livingroom
- gift ideas - Room - Office
- gift ideas - Style - Nature
- gift ideas - Style - Basic
- Delivery throughout Europe
- Free shipping for orders over €75,-
- 30 day PLNTS health guarantee
Philodendron (Love tree) varieties for sale
It is not possible to name all the 480 types of the Philodendron, but we would like to show you a couple of our most popular, easy to care and beautiful Philodendron varieties. Many Philodendron varieties have multiple names, it is not strange that you get confused when searching online. There are also Philodendrons that are variegated, those Variegated Philodendrons have leaves with more than one colour or with patches of colour on their leaves and stem. Very unique but also more expensive because they are harder to breed (they need more light and they are slow growers). Now, let us get started with introducing a few Philodendrons.
The Philodendron Scandens, or also known as the Heartleaf or Sweetheart Philodendron. She is very easy-going and doesn’t require you to have a green thumb to stay beautiful. This type of Philodendron can trail or climb. It is a good idea to pinch the stem (with clean scissors) near a node to encourage new growth and it helps the plant to become bushy.
Another variety with velvety heart-shaped leaves is the Philodendron Micans. The greenish-bronze leaves with their almost rusty colored undersides are striking. When you give her a large, spacious room she can even grow into a length of 6 feet.
One of maybe the most beautiful and striking Philodendrons (we think so though..) are the Philodendron Gloriosum and the Philodendron Melanochrysum. The Gloriosum that is characterized by her velvety green leaves with amazing white veins that grow in cute heart shapes and the Melanochrysum with her dark green crystalline leaves with a bright yellowish vein. The crystalline appearance on the leaves resemble specks of gold. Melanochrysum, in fact, means ‘Black Gold’.
The last Philodendron varieties that we want to highlight are the Philodendrons with some more colour. The Philodendron Prince of Orange gets its name from its uniquely leaves, which change color over time. New growth starts in a yellow colour when it first emerges, transitioning first to copper tones, and ultimately settling into a darker shade of green. At last the rare Philodendron Painted Lady. The leaves emerge in a neon green an fade to a darker green when they mature. And don’t forget of course the beautiful mottled pattern that makes the Philodendron Painted Lady so special.